Please click here to view next quarter's acolyte Sign-Up Genius. Remember, each Confirmation student is asked to acolyte AT LEAST once per year. Additionally, Pastor Bruce has asked that there be two acolytes for every service of Communion, so that Communion distribution can happen twice as fast. This means that we need more of you to sign up and complete this expectation! Sign up now before you forget.
Feed My Starving Children
Confirmation is going to Feed My Starving Children on Wednesday, November 30th! There will be two shifts, 6-7:30pm and 8-9:30pm. Kids will go with their small group leader in the specified shift unless we hear otherwise. We will need more parent chaperones, particularly for the later shift. If you are a parent willing to drive and participate, let Rachel know!
Christmas Program youth singing groups
The Children's Committee is looking for Confirmation and high school-aged youth to sing a trio or duet to O Come Little Children as the Sunday School children process into the Sanctuary. Ask your son or daughter if they have a few friends they would be willing to sing with! What a cool opportunity to share your gifts with the congregation!
1. LOC is partnering with Love INC with their Christmas Sharing program. We are in need of some more youth and adults to help with the gift drop off on Saturday, Dec 10th starting as early as 8am. Let me know if you are interested in helping out!
2. Do you like NHS hours? Or Christmas decorating? The Worship and Music Committee needs your help! They will be putting up Christmas decorations and new paraments around the church on December 3rd at 1pm, and taking them down on January 7th at 10pm. Let me know if you are interested in helping this committee.
HIGH SCHOOL MISSION TRIP MEETING: November 16th, 8pm
If you are remotely interested in the summer trips for 2017, this meeting is a must! We will be going to Colorado for the Mission Trip, and the Boundary Waters for Adventure Week! Secure a spot, learn how to fund raise, and hear more details about the trip at this important meeting Wednesday, November 16th at 8pm.
Rachel's Wish List
Do you ever wonder what life would be like if we didn't ever have to sleep??! Until the day we figure out how, I am limited to a certain number of hours I can work each week. I have SO many great ideas for this ministry, but I can't fit them all in! Below is a list of projects that I can't seem to find time to get done by myself, but with your help, it is possible! Consider volunteering your time to help me accomplish these goals.
- Clean/organize youth office and youth cabinets
- Update bulletin board
- Organize care package ministry for college freshmen
- Create camp/Mission trip promo materials
- Produce birthday calendar
- Help create video report of 2016