Fifth Sunday Offering for January – People Serving People in Minneapolis
Our Fifth Sunday offering for January will go to support People Serving People, the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness in Minnesota.
The 99 hotel-style emergency shelter housing units for children and families experiencing homelessness include a bathroom, beds, basic furniture, and a door families can lock behind them to feel safe. Three nutritious meals are served daily in the cafeteria (currently, due to covid-19, meals are delivered to each housing unit), and diapers and other basic necessities are provided free of charge. After immediate basic needs are met, families are provided access to the following comprehensive Engagement Services to move towards stability (among others):
- Early Childhood Development Program
- Family Activities such as movies, board games, bingo or other special events
- Financial Fitness Classes for adults to learn basic financial skills
- K-12 Programs including one-on-one tutoring, homework assistance, and enrichment activities.
Our Congregation can help in the following ways:
- Donate through Light of Christ Here to enter your designated Gift and mention People Serving People Fifth Sunday.
- Donate to People Serving People directly at the following link: https://www.peopleservingpeople.org/individual-donations/