Worship is central to the life of each person of faith. And it is most certainly central to us as a beloved community of Christ’s. Here at Light of Christ, we have options. Some worship on-site in our sanctuary. Others find worship to be accessible and meaningful from their home living room or even as they travel. YouTube, online streaming, in-person. These are all gifts we bear and invitations we extend.
Please find that connection that works best for you. And, as always, know that it is the blessing and mystery of the Holy Spirit that draws us together as one community – the family of faith here at Light of Christ Lutheran Church.
We will continue to follow the recommendations of the CDC and MN Department of Health.
- Online services - our online worship has moved from pre-recorded YouTube services to livestream services via Facebook live - visit our Facebook page. We will also post these services on our YouTube page Monday afternoon.
- Indoor services – we will hold an indoor service in the sanctuary on Sunday mornings at 9:00 AM. In keeping with the latest recommendations of the MN Department of Health (5/18), we will do the following things:
- Due to the Minnesota Department of Health lifting social distancing guidelines as of May 28, 2021, worshipers will no longer need to sign up to attend Sunday indoor services. We still encourage social distancing in the sanctuary.
- Masking: Please note: we have updated our mask policy for indoor worship, as of August 4, 2021. Due to the rising spread of the Delta variant, we ask all attending Sunday's worship service to please wear a mask, even if you are vaccinated. Thank you for your cooperation and continued patience!
- Holy Communion. We will continue to celebrate Holy Communion “in place/in the pews.”
The council has investigated drive-in worship, but determined we will not invest additional resources into further investigation or planning at this time. We have learned there are a lot of factors to consider, making drive-in worship complex and more resource intense to plan. These factors include strict legal requirements in the type of low power part 15 transmitter, power source and proximity to power source, weather, a need for strong WiFi if a wireless transmitter is used, and a long application process to obtain radio licenses.
We dress casually and comfortably.