Dear Sisters and Brothers at Light of Christ,
On behalf of the Church Council, I’m writing to let you know that at our May meeting last Tuesday, we made the following decisions regarding our worship life as we move into the summer season.
- First, we will continue to follow the recommendations of the CDC and MN Department of Health.
- Second, we will continue to post an online, YouTube service each Sunday through the summer.
- Third, we will hold an indoor service in the sanctuary on Sunday mornings at 9:00 AM beginning on May 30th. In keeping with the latest recommendations of the MN Department of Health (5/18), we will do the following things:
- Social distancing. Families/pods will be seated at a six-foot distance from one another. This social distancing requirement limits us to a maximum of 72 people per service. Therefore, we will have a SignUp Genius for each service and we’ll ask you to sign up by the Friday before each Sunday service. This will give us adequate time to put together a seating chart for each service.
- Masking. For those who are fully vaccinated, masks are optional. For those who are not fully vaccinated, masks are required except for children five and under. Because children under the age of 12 cannot get vaccinated at this time, and many teenagers are not yet fully vaccinated, we will be requiring everyone to mask up when we are singing as a congregation.
- Holy Communion. We will celebrate Holy Communion “in place/in the pews.”
- We will also hold an outdoor service on the church lawn on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 PM beginning on June 2nd, weather permitting. Because we have so many children and youth who are not fully vaccinated yet, or can’t get vaccinated until the fall, we will be designing this service to be as “kid/youth friendly” as possible and still be a “low risk” service.
- Social distancing. Social distancing is encouraged in order to keep our kids as safe as possible.
- Masking. Masking is optional for everyone.
- Holy Communion. We will celebrate Holy Communion “in place.”
- Fifth, as you well know, emerging from the pandemic is a fluid situation and we fully expect the guidance from the CDC and MN Department of Health to change as we move through the summer and into the fall. So at our monthly Council meetings we will review our policies and practices in relation to COVID19 and make the necessary revisions that will allow us to be as open as possible and also as” low-risk” as possible.
Please don’t hesitate to contact anyone on the Council with your comments, or concerns, or questions. We look forward to speaking with you.
Peace and joy be with you,
Light of Christ Church Council
Carmen Hanson Secretary
Elizabeth Kohlhof Vice-President
Bruce Kuenzel Pastor
Tom Sebelien Treasurer
Stacy VanCura President